November 2-6, 2020
Sandcastle Beach Hotel
1540 Ben Franklin Blvd
Sarasota, FL 34236
The class is taught in the hotel pool in exchange for staying at the hotel.
Fly into Sarasota (SRQ), Tampa (TPA) or Fort Myers (RSW)
Monday 9-noon and 3-6
Wednesday 9-noon and 3-6
Thursday 9-noon and 3-6
Who Are Our Beginners?
Beginners have often taken swimming lessons that taught that learning to swim meant “proper movement of arms and legs.”
Beginners derive their safety from the bottom or the side of the pool. But they want to get it from themselves. Is that you?
Do you believe that if you could just DO “X,” then you would BE “Y”? For example, If I could just tread water, I’d be fine. Actually, it’s the other way around: if you were comfortable, then you’d be able to learn all of what you want to know.
What Is the Course?
“Everything you wanted to know that no one told you”
Start at the beginning and skip no steps. It is literally impossible to fail if you try our system. Pushing yourself is not using the system.
Online: All the dry-land sessions of our normal Beginning course with more time to discuss all your questions. These are followed each week (8 sessions on 8 Saturdays or Sundays) by an hour of learning the basic skills with visualization, photos and video clips.
In-Person: All the dry-land sessions, as usual, plus all the shallow water skills you need while you remain happy. Begin to learn how to be at ease in the deep, too, by beginning to rely on yourself for your safety, not the bottom or the side. We don’t have a confirmed in-person course scheduled yet, due to Covid19. Stay tuned.
- 8 three-hour classes of 1 hour on land followed by 2 hours in warm water
- Register 120 days or more in advance to receive a discount of $50, deducted when your balance is paid.
- A nonrefundable deposit of $150 holds your space in class ($200 in SF).
You Can Count On:
- Going at your own pace and being comfortable all the time
- Learning that overcoming fear doesn’t have to be scary
- Doing things you never could, because you feel better than you ever did
- Realizing that you can learn to swim. Seeing the light at the end of the tunnel.
- Being a different person when you leave—more yourself
- Up to 8 adults in class, all at different starting points and learning rates but all needing the same information and therefore learning individually, together and at their own pace
- No pressure or competition
- Making new discoveries by sharing them in conversation
Where and How?
Online: our students have joined us from times zones from the West Coast of the U.S. to Germany
Course is held via Zoom: 8 Saturdays, 11 am. to 2 pm June 6-July 25, 2020
24 hours, $1399
Sarasota Community Course: 8 days over a month
24 hours, $649
24 hours, $1545
Saturdays and Sundays, 3 hours each
Palm Springs, California
24 hours/ $2719
5 days, includes hotel and spa service